We're hosting a casual 2nd Anniversary Beer Brunch on Sunday, Sept. 3rd from 12p-3p.
Beer Brunch Menu:
Course #1: Bloody Mary Deviled Egg w/Belgian Wit Series2
Marbled Duck Egg | Prawns | Bacon | Green Olive Tapenade
Prepared by Chef Chuy De La Torre
Course #2: Oxtail Hash Toast w/Seize The Coffee IPA
Whipped Avocado | Sauce "Gribiche" | Pickled Mustard Seeds | Summer Greens
Prepared by Chef Mike Arquines
Course #3: Heirloom Bean Galette w/1st Anniversary Imperial Oatmeal Stout
Apple | Fennel | Rarebit Sauce | Chorizo | Scallion
Prepared by Chef Steve Lona
Course #4: CinnaMan Bun w/2nd Anniversary Scotch Ale Bourbon Barrel Aged 13 months
Morning Bun | Black Sesame | Guanciale and Melted Onion Jam | Spiced Candied Fig
Prepared collaboratively by all three chefs
Please arrive at least 20 minutes before start time to check in and find a seat!
About the Chefs:
Chef Chuy De La Torre, of The Good Seed, formerly Urge Gastropub, is a charismatic cook with 17 years behind the scenes creating incredible eats. You may know him and his take on asian-fusion from Urge Gastropub. We're excited to support his new venture, The Good Seed, opening soon in Miramar.
Chef Mike Arquines, founder of The Lab: Dining Sessions, is the upbeat foodie-loving founder of The Lab: Dining Sessions, and has been serving up culinary specialties since 2008. He is also the co-founder and Head Roaster at the much loved specialty micro-roaster, Mostra Coffee.
Chef Steven Lona, of Blank Slate, formerly Tasting Room Del Mar, has over a decade of experience working in multiple establishments, most recently directing upscale casual and fine dining concepts with a seasonal focus. He constantly pursues education which allows him to approach the art of cooking without losing focus on the realities of mentoring. We're looking forward to seeing his new project, Blank Slate, deliver more culinary experience to San Diego.
Other 2nd Anniversary Events:
Saturday, September 2:
- Series² release - Our on-tap-only 2nd anniversary collaboration series with our infamous friends who brew at Stone (Laura Ulrich), Karl Strauss (Paul Segura), Alesmith (Peter Zien), and Bagby (Jeff, himself). We've collaborated with each of them to give one of their old recipes a second chance and have added our own unique touch.
- Our anniversary All You Need Is Love Barrel-Aged Scotch Ale on tap and in-store only can release.
- Exclusive brewery tours Sign up here
- 1-4pm Second Chance Flea Market*
Monday, September 4 (Labor Day):
- Industry Appreciation Day
- Pig Roast by Caliano
- Pop-Up by CRAFT BEERD
- Industry and Amateur only Cornhole Tournament from 1-5pm CORNHOLE TICKETS
Reservations for the brewery tours, Industry Cornhole Tournament, and Brunch + Beer are all available on our website and are first come, first served.